Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Project

So I decided I wanted to build a "wall" out of old doors in the flowerbed under my big live oak cause nothing will grow there and that is generally where I decorate seasonally anyway.

Saturday I was climbing the rafters in Dad's barn trying to get some old doors down.  Got the first one down by myself (those things are heavy!!!) but door number 2 & 3 required some assistance from Mom.  Door #2 had 40 year old silk poinsettias on top of it.  I removed the biggest piece I could get and lowered the door to Mom.  She got covered in poinsettia confetti.  Door #3 had apparently been the home of Rory racoon for a while.  I did figure out how to get that door down without covering Mom in coon poopie, I took most of the brunt of that............

Sunday I hammered 4 T-posts in the ground (which took forever) and got my doors up and painted.  Here is the result......cannot wait to decorate them for each season/holiday.......

No comments:

Post a Comment